Pages

Thursday, March 16, 2017

What not to say to Moms of Girls

It may sound like a simple question but if I had a dollar for every time someone asked if we were going to try for a boy, I might be a close to a millionaire by now.  When were out as a family, that question gets asked almost every time, along with if our older two girls are "twins".   I often think "do people ask that question cause they assume I'm not happy with being a mom to all girls and that I need a boy to complete our family?"  It makes it seem like were lacking or missing something in our family because we don't have a boy!   Yes, we are an all girl family and that's how God intended our family to turn out, I don't regret being a girl mom at all.  It wasn't meant to be for us, plus I'm not sure I'd know what to do with a little boy.  You know being a girl mom for the last almost 8 years its been all about bows, dress up, fairies, baby dolls and barbies, which I'm totally fine with. 
 
 


 
At the end of the day I am beyond grateful to be the mom of these 3 little ladies.  Each night after the girls go to bed, I reflect on the day we had, which was probably a little chaotic, filled with fights and tantrums, time outs and fun.  I don't want to focus on all the negative of the day, I want to remember all the fun we had that day, that one on one time I spent with Kendall walking through Target, sitting quietly reading with Kaylee during nap time and coloring with Keira.  Sometime we have those off days and when I sit and reflect on the day I hope that the girls don't remember me raising my voice or having a weak moment in motherhood.  I've always wanted to be a mom and had always prayed I'd get a sister (I ended up with 3 younger brothers) I guess since I wasn't blessed with a sister I was blessed with 3 little girls to have fun with, bond with and love for a lifetime.
 
Motherhood whether your blessed with all girls, all boys or both is exhausting, thankless and the reason many of us don't shower all that often (I'm going on 3 days).  But motherhood is also magical, fun, adventurous, challenging, and incredibly fulfilling.  A mother's love is the type of love, unlike any other, its unconditional, intense and unbreakable.  A mother's love for her children is something that cant be explained, its just pure joy. 

Being able to watch your littles grow, make mistakes, and that your always right there to help through it.  Some days I didn't realize how hard motherhood would be or that I may cry because I felt like my kids didn't appreciate me.  But at the end of the day when I'm tucking all of them in bed and I hear "love you mommy" it takes all the hardship of the day away.  I love my girls, I love being an all girl mom and I wouldn't change it for a thing.  Well check back with me when there 15 with raging hormones, fighting over make up, clothes & boys, I might different then!  LOL just kidding.
 




 


 
 
Outfit Details:
ME:
Glasses - Heatwave Visual
 
Black & White dress - Target (last year)
Mint dress - Freckled & Co
Glasses - Target dollar bin


No comments:

Post a Comment