Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Twirl Baby Twirl

(written 2.5.14)
Looking at this picture you would think that we were having awesome weather, but that couldn't be further from the truth.  The past 2 days have been so cold.  Today it rained and it was so cold out that when the rain hit the trees, bushes or my car it made icicles.  So we have been cooped up in the house and the girls are starting to act a little crazy.  Kaylee has been home from school since Wednesday due to bronchitis and an ear infection. (thanks public school)

So today to try and keep the girls entertained, they played dress up.  Kaylee put on this dress that Mimi made her and danced around the house.  Little Mermaid came on and the girls have never seen it, so they were in a trance while I played until the musical parts where they got up and danced.  I caught Kaylee twirling out the corner of my eye and the pure joy on her face was just priceless.  I shot these pictures without her knowing and I'm so glad that I did.  Just watching her and the joy on her face when she dances around is awesome. 


Being able to watch there little imaginations come to life is amazing.  Watching them try to sing along to the songs, watching there faces light up or become concerned when something bad happens.  My girls are very much into pretend play and most days you will find Kaylee on all 4's pretending she's a cat and Keira is her grandma, and they play house together.  The kitchen island area has now become there pirate ship and no moms or baby sister's are allowed!  The closets have become there new beds when they play and everyday there pillows and bedding gets dragged in there.  I love that I'm able to witness all the fun imaginative things that they come up.  It must be fun to be a kid sometimes.

2 comments: