Pages

Monday, May 4, 2015

Kaylee's 6th Luau Bash

"Always remember you are BRAVER than you believe,
STRONGER than you seem &
SMARTER than you think"
 
On Sunday {5.3.15} we celebrated our sweet girl turning S I X with our family and friends.  When I asked Kaylee what theme she wanted for her birthday she had chose a different theme.  And with this mama being a girly mom the theme she wanted threw me for a loop, she wanted a Star Wars party.  All I could think about was "how am I going to make it girly?" 
 
I was looking on pinterest and was showing her some different ideas, yes I wanted to change her mind and I'm not ashamed to say that!  One day we were swimming and she was playing with a beach ball and I told her she could have a Luau birthday and have tons of beach balls and hearing that she quickly changed her mind and asked for a Luau party.  Inside I was jumping for joy, I just didn't tell her that!
 
About 3 weeks before her party I went and got all the supplies I would need.  I did a lot of DIY décor, the dollar store & Big Lots helped too.  I love doing DIY décor cause then I get to use it around the house for the girls when I'm done.  SCORE right!?  I did a little crafting every other day until the day before the party.  The day before I started setting up a few things that I new wouldn't get damaged by the wind or the dogs.
 
On the morning of the party we were up early at 7am, ate some breakfast and got started on the food and dessert prep.  We did a lot of the food prep and then went outside to set everything else up.  We had to wait a little bit before starting on some of the food cause we didn't want it to get cold.  Oh man, the food turned out so good and the desserts were even better {big thanks to Aunt Rhonda for making the pudding cookie cups, they were a huge hit}.  The food & desserts were so good we didn't have a thing left over!!
 
ON THE MENU:
* Hawaiian King roll ham & cheese sandwhiches {recipe on pinterest)
* Shirmp & pineapple kabobs
* Baked beans
* Fruit salad {pineapple, kiwi, grapes & strawberries}
 
DESSERT:
* Funfetti cupcakes
* Pudding cookie cups
* Chocolate drizzled popcorn & sprinkles
* Blue berry jello with whip creak
 
Kaylee had an awesome time swimming, eating, bouncing in the bounce house and having a great time with her cousins.  She got spoiled with presents, lots of toys & clothes.  This was a successful party, now I have about 6 months before the next party {Keira & Kendall's joined birthday}
























  

5 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! Not much I love more than throwing a party! I love that you "helped" change her mind! haha! SO something I would do! hahaha! Happy Birthday sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute party theme, love all the decorations too and that dessert table!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last night, we held our friend’s birthday party at party halls in Boston MA. We decorated venue with lots of candles, balloon and fairy lights to make it pretty. We had really a great time.

    ReplyDelete