Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Cheers to 2017 & goals for the year

Happy New Year!
 
2017 you've come so fast, 2016 seemed to fly by in the blink of an eye.  There was so much to be thankful for in 2016, I celebrated turning 32, we spent our annual week at the beach, we celebrated Kaylee turning 7 with a donut party, daddy celebrated a birthday, we bought a house, we went on some camping trips, we celebrated Keira & Kendall's joint birthday with a kitty party and celebrated 4 Christmas' with family.  We did ring in the New Year with 2 family members sick, but here's hoping 2017 is the year of good health and happiness.
 
 
I am proud of how far I've come in my photography, I want to keep going with it and be able to learn more.  I want to be able to photograph some families or littles this year.  I don't know if I'm ready to make a full on go with putting myself out there as a photographer, I feel like I want to learn a little more first, my kids are the perfect practice.  I'm so happy that I was able to finish our #jesssistersproject52, where I took a picture of them each week for a whole year.  I've attempted the 365 challenge and the 52 week challenge in the past and never quit finished them, so I'm glad to say I was able to finish one.  Plus it's really fun to look back on the them.  I will be getting them made into a chatbook so we can look back on them when ever we want.
 
 
This year I hope to spend more one on one time with each of girls.  I get to spend one on one time with Kendall because the big girls are in school, so I hope to have more mommy / daughter dates with them.  I want to have that special bond with each of them.  Being a mom and splitting time between the 3 of them is hard but I want to make that a priority this year.
 
 
Our plan for the new year is to go on more family trips.  We want to go camping in our trailer once a month to new places.  For the girls to be able to look back on the all the fun adventures we had would be awesome.  The hubby and I are finally taking our honeymoon/anniversary in February to Hawaii, which I am totally excited about.  I haven't been since I graduated high school in 2002.  So here's to more family time and fun memories to be had.
 
 
For more date nights with this guy.  I love that on Friday nights when the girls go to there grandparents to spend the night that me and this guy get to spend one on one time together.  We tend to talk about the kids most of the time but hey what parents don't.  I want our relationship to continue to grow and our love to grow deeper.  We've been together since 2002 and our relationship has changed since then but I never want our love to fade, so we do have to work on keeping the spark alive and not falling into a rut.  I love this guy more than anything and all the hard work he does for our family.
 
 
And finally to continue working with small shops & some big ones.  We have loved working with small shops on instagram, watching there shops grow and knowing that you were apart of that.  We have been repping for 2 years now and have loved every minute of it.  Being able to also be apart of some big name shops like Skechers, Kent Bicycles & Crazy 8 have been amazing and we are so happy to continue working with them into 2017.  Thank you to all the small shops we rep for and to the big name brands that have brought us in, we love you all!
 
I'm sure as the year goes on we'll be adding to our goals and things we want to do but for now we'll start with these!  Hope everyone had an amazing New Year!


3 comments:

  1. What a great year for your family! I absolutely loved your jesssistersproject. Definitely my favorite photos of yours on Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you, I loved them too. I'm doing it again this year. I kinda want to challenge myself to the 365 challenge (I attempted it with the girls 2 years ago and got so close to finishing it and didn't, I love looking back at them).

      Delete