Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Alone time with mommy

I think having alone time with each of my girls is important.
Kaylee got lucky being the first born and was lucky enough to get 18.5 months of undivided alone time with both mommy and daddy.  Being able to bond with your child is priceless.  Having Kaylee be able to bond with Jason's parents and my parents was important to us as well.  When Kaylee turned 6 months old she started going to Jason's mom once a week for a couple hours.  Having that break also gave Jason and I time for us.
I knew when I had Keira that being able to have alone time would be important.  I knew as a newborn she'd get a lot of my attention but I wanted to be able to give her all of my attention without having distractions from a toddler needing me.  So I got that one on one time with Keira when Kaylee would go to grandma's.  I wanted to make sure that Keira didn't feel left out in that bonding time with me.  I was able to get even more alone time with Keira when Kaylee started preschool, which was nice cause we were able to read, do some learning and just have it be us.  I know she enjoyed that time as much as I did.
So when I got pregnant with Kendall, I worried about how I was going to have alone time with her.  I worried that with having two crazy energetic toddlers running around the house that she wouldn't get the time with me that she needed.  But I was able to get my time with her when we breastfed and all day on Monday's when her sisters went to grandma's.  I have loved the time that I've got to spend alone with each of my girls.
The other afternoon I had the privilage of spending some alone time with my littlest.  She woke up from her nap before both of her sisters, so she drank a bottle and then we headed outside to enjoy the beautiful sunshine.  I set out a blanket and we laid in the grass, she swung in the swing and we just enjoyed our time together.  Being able to just sit there with her and sing to her or just stare at her without any interuptions is the time I treasure most.  She is growing up so fast and I don't want to miss out on anything.

I don't know if I'm being a little more sentimental about things with Kendall because she is my last baby or what.  I hate that she is growing up so fast.  It feels like she does something new everyday.  I cant believe we're already introducing baby food, which we just started this week.  She LOVES it, so far peaches are her favorite!  Packing away all of her 0-3 month stuff and having to pack some 3-6 month stuff away already just makes me sad.  Having to dig through the 6-9 month bin of clothes, I'm just not ready for it yet.  I know she's going to grow up, that all of them are but come on slow down just a little.
     

Now that Kendall is getting a little older and not breastfeeding any more, Jason's mom will be taking her soon to spend some time with her too.  My plan is that she'll alternate taking Keira and Kendall, so that I can have one on one time with Kaylee {which I haven't had in a long time} and then take Kaylee and Kendall so I can have my alone time with Keira. 

 


9 comments:

  1. I love these photos! Glad you were able to get some special time in with you sweet baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww she is such a cutie and so glad you got some one on one time with your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great that you are able to spend alone time with each girl! Love all the pictures of Miss K!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am having such a hard time with each change that LB is going through too! I think probably because I know it's our last as well. :( It's hard to have them grow so fast!

    That is so nice of your MIL to take the kids on a regular basis, and how nice that you will get one-on-one time with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they grow way to fast! I don't like....
      I am glad that I'm able to get that one on one time with each of the girls

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you have a good plan worked out with MIL! Cute pics! Whenever i have to go shopping/run errands on the weekend I tend to leave Brielle at home and take Raya with me---she loves alone time with me in town and she's a fun shopping partner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet. I am savoring every minute of my alone time with Donovan before Baby #2 comes. I'm worried about balancing special time with him when the babe is here in a few months. I don't know how you manage to do it all with 3 littles. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soak it all in. At first it was hard to balance spending time with each of them. But with the help of Jasons mom. Also taking advantage of that one on one time when one wakes up from a nap before the other. Don't worry you'll figure it out.

      Delete
  7. How sweet! I love spending alone time with each of my kids. I know it's going to be harder to do that with another baby coming, but I'm going to try!

    ReplyDelete