Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Kendall is 16 months old

Kendall Morgan,

You are becoming quite the big girl and to be honest your mama doesn't like it.  I just wish it didn't go by so darn fast.  I wish I had a pause button to keep you this little for just a little bit longer.  To soak in all the last of your baby features, which those are going away too.  I want to remember all the cute sounds you make, how your little voice gets a little higher when you see your daddy.  How you get the biggest smile on your face when we pick up Kaylee from school.  I don't want to forget how excited you get to see me each morning, how your little legs kick a hundred miles an hour with excitement and you yell "mama".  You being my last baby I want to remember all these little things cause I'll never get to experience them again.

Your little personality is shining through more and more each day and you are the funniest little girl.  You watch everyone and soak everything in, before deciding if you want to join in on the fun or not.  It's funny how you laugh at just the right times when things are actually funny.  You are talking more and more and you have a love for singing.  It's the cutest thing to hear and I often find myself asking you to sing, cause I just cant get enough of your cuteness! 

SLEEPING:  You are an excellent sleeper and have been since day one.  I have been really lucky with you and your sisters' in the sleeping department.  You wake up each morning around 7:15 on the week days (cause we have to take Kaylee to school) and 8:00 on the weekends.  You are still taking 2 naps a day sometimes 3 (the only time you take a 3rd nap is when you don't sleep long enough in the afternoon).  You will go down in the afternoon around 12:30 and we have to go pick up Kaylee at 2:40, so sometimes you don't end up falling asleep until 1 or 1:30 and you don't get a long enough nap.  At around 4 you'll want to lay down for an hour.  And then all of you go to bed at 8 on the week nights and 8:30 on the weekends (depending on what we are doing).  I lay you down in bed awake and you soothe yourself to sleep.  Every once in a while you will want mommy to rock you.  You cannot and I repeat cannot go to sleep without your lovey.  I can always tell when your tired, you will go to room, grab your lovey and pacifier and you will tuck the ear of the lovey in between your mouth and pacifier.  When I lay you down in bed you like to lay your lovey across your face and you fall right to sleep.

EATING: You will eat pretty much anything that's put in front of you!  You even tried a pickle the other day which I thought for sure that you would spit out but you ate it and then asked for more! You can eat a lot and half the time I have no idea where you put it all.  You love your food.


STATS:
Weight: 18lbs 14oz
Height: 30"
Clothes: 18 months
Diapers: size 3
Shoes: size 3
Teeth: 12

LIKES:
* to sing and does it all the time, while she sings she likes to sway (the cutest thing)
* to take apart the train table (mommy sets all the tracks up and baby Godzilla likes to take it all apart)
* to help pick out her shoes and hair bows when getting dressed
* brushing her teeth each night
* playing with the dolls in the dollhouse
* to put toys in and out of things (will do this for like 30 minutes or more)
* to hold hands while walking 99


DISLIKES:
* when Kaylee or Keira take something from her, she screams at them until they give it back
*  getting her hair brushed



FAVORITES:
* her dog lovey
* being outside
* looking for birds, she become a huge bird lover and loves to be outside looking for them
*

MILESTONES:
* New words you can say CRACKER, CHEESE & BOOK
* Can now sign MORE, PLEASE, THANK YOU, EAT, BIRD & ALL DONE
* Can shake her head yes and no
* Can follow simple commands (you listen way better than your sisters)
* You started walking (2.18.14), you are now walking all over the house and outside
* Body parts you know BELLY, BELLY BUTTON, HAIR, TONGUE, NOSE, EYES, HANDS & FEET
*


 

 THINGS I WANT TO REMEMBER:
* you just started to like watching TV or movies (still for a very short time)
* Grandma came for a visit and you had a great time, you said GRANDMA for the first time
* We went to the Japanese Garden and the zoo here in Texas (2.22.14)
* Your hair is getting really long and needs to be cut so bad, mommy is to scared to try and cut it because I'm afraid you'll move and I'll mess it up
*



 Kendall has become quite the little fashionista, I've been taking her picture everyday for the last 2 weeks in the front yard and she loves it.  Hopefully I can continue to do it everyday and see how much she changes each week.  I think I'm loving her in purple!
 

6 comments:

  1. awww, love all her headbands! And that fox shirt is so cute--where's it from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her in purple too! She's looking more and more like her big sisters in some of these pics. I can't believe our babies are getting so big - bittersweet for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is such a doll. I love seeing your pictures of the girls, they are all so cute and sassy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 16 months! She is TOO cute! I love watching her grow!

    ReplyDelete