Pages

Monday, May 15, 2017

Mother's Day 2017

MOTHERHOOD
______________________
 
Is a choice you make everyday.
To put someone else's happiness and well - being ahead of your own.
To teach the hard lessons, to do the right thing even when you're not sure what the right thing is.
And to forgive yourself, over and over again, for doing everything wrong.
 
When you have a baby and leave the hospital they don't give you a manual on how to be a good parent.  Sometimes I wish they did, maybe it would tell you how to deal with the excessive whining, the attitudes, the talking back and everything in between.  Motherhood is hard y'all.  Sometimes I feel like I'm failing more than winning, and then someone like my mother in law & mom points out how good of a job you've done with your kids, you feel like maybe your doing a little something right. 
 
My Mother's Day was pretty perfect.  Mother's Day this year just so happened to fall on a Sunday, which in our house is "donut day", so the girls and daddy loaded up in the car and headed to get donuts (I was instructed to stay home).  About 20 minutes later they returned, my younger brother Jake & his girlfriend (who were visiting for the weekend from CO), came over too to enjoy the morning with us.  It was so nice to see them, it's been almost a year since I've seen him, plus it was nice to meet his girlfriend.  Donuts, starbucks, flowers and handmade cards from the girls for school was just perfect. 
 
After saying our good bye to my brother & his girlfriend we all got ready and headed out for a nice hike along the river.  The weather was really nice and it was funny to get out and spend the day with my little family.  We through rocks into the river, saw lots of birds, butterflies, lizards and berries.  After the hike, we headed to Jason's moms for dinner.  Mother's Day this year was just perfect.
 
** warning now, lots of pictures ahead **
 




 
" Motherhood has completely changed me.  It's just about like the most completely humbling experience that I've ever had.  I think that it puts you in your place because it really forces you to address the issues that you claim to believe in and if you cant stand up to those principles when you're raising a child, forget it"
 




 
" Motherhood has taught me about living in the moment.  Our children don't remember yesterday.  They don't plan for tomorrow.  They just exist in the MOMENT.  Be with them!"
 






" I constantly go between wanting you to stay my little baby forever, and
being excited about all of the amazing things you'll do in this life."
 




 
__________________________________________
 
The fun morning with my brother & his girlfriend, they flew in on Friday morning.  I'm glad that they were here to celebrate Kaylee's birthday with us.
 




 
  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment