Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Post-Partum & How I'm handling 3 under 3

Written on 11.15.12

Post-Partum Recovery:
My recovery this time around has been very differnt than the first two.  With my recovery with Kaylee I had a rough first two weeks.  I got a 3rd degree tear and I just remember it hurting really bad.  With Keira the recovery was better, I did tear but it was only a little tear and my lady parts didn't really hurt to bad after having her.  The bleeding didn't last to long and the recovery was just easier the second time around.  So lets jump to recovery the third time around, all I can say is after having Kendall I didn't even feel like I had a baby.  I didn't tear at all and my lady parts didn't hurt at all, it was weird to me but I'll take it.  The bleeding was very little and at 17 days post-partum the bleeding has pretty much stopped!  But what I'm most excited about is that I have lost 20 of the 35lbs I gained and I can fit back into my regular jeans, YAY for feeling normal in regular clothes again.  Just waiting for my 4 week check up to get the ok to start working out,  I would like to lose 10 more pounds and get toned up.

My surgery to get my tubes tied went really good.  My recovery for that has been great, I wasn't in very much pain at all after the surgery.  The only down side I had in my recovery was that it hurt to stand up straight for that first week.  I wasn't allowed to drive or pick up anything over 10lbs for 2 weeks.  It made it a little hard with Keira cause she likes me to hold her so we had to come up with a different solution so she didn't get upset, our solution was hand holding.  I told her I couldn't pick her up but we could hold hands and she was ok with that.  My energy is slowly coming around, I mean chasing 2 very active toddlers around and being sleep deprived with a newborn how much energy can one person have.  I have been able to get all 3 girls down for a nap at the same time so that I can take a nap as well.

This whole pregnancy, birth experience and recovery the third time around has just been great.  I couldn't have asked for a better experience with it all.


How I'm Handling 3 under 3:
I'm not going to sugar coat anything here, I knew it wasn't going to be easy but I didn't know how hard it would be.  That very first week was hard cause I couldn't really do anything.  If I did to much my stomach would hurt and I would need to sit down.  I was so thankful for Jason being home that first week to help me out, he took over everything.  He made dinner each night, he helped me out with the girls and pretty much got me anything that I needed.  Seeing and hearing my baby cry and look so sad cause I couldn't pick her up just broke my heart, she didn't understand why.  She knew that mommy had an owie but she still wanted mommy.  Other than Keira being sad that I couldn't pick her up she has adjusted really well to having the baby here.  Yes her and Kaylee still have their arguments on a daily basis but that's how they were even before the baby came.

Kaylee is the one who has surprised me, she's the one who is having a harder time adjusting with everything...which I totally didn't see coming at all.  I thought Keira would be the one to have a hard time.  I don't know if Kaylee doesn't know how to express how she's feeling so she acts out and cries over everything.  If she cant do something herself she throws a huge crying fit (example:  if she cant take a piece of clothing off or if Keira takes something that she was once playing with).  It has become very frusterating cause it happens with her on almost a daily basis.  For the past month Jason's mom has been coming over each morning to take Kaylee to school, to help me out.  Well she's gotten so attached to grandma that she often says some hurtful things.  I know she doesn't mean it cause she may not understand that what she's saying hurts my feelings but I wish she would stop saying it.  Being told by your 3 year who use to say "I was her best friend" and now she only says "I don't want you anymore" or "your not my best friend, grandma is" or "it's not fair your a mean mom" or "I don't like you" .  As a mom you don't want to hear stuff like that, especially being as hormonal as you are after having a baby.  It makes me want to cry when she says stuff like that to me.  Sometimes I'll tell her that she hurts my feelings and she'll say she's sorry but then later she'll say it again.  I don't know if I'm just being to sensitive or not but I hate hearing those words come out of her mouth.  What makes it even worse is that she'll be fine and nice and loving until grandma comes around and then she turns on me.  I don't know.  I'm just hoping that she starts adjusting soon cause I don't know how much more I can take.

I have yet to go on an outting with all 3 kids, to be honest I'm freaked out about trying to take all 3 out at once.  The only thing I've done alone is load all 3 girls up into the car to take Kaylee to school.  But that doesn't really count cause I don't get out of the car with all 3 of them. 

Kendall is going through her first growth spurt and oh man.  The constant wanting to eat is killing me.  This kid wants to eat what seems like every hour or sooner.  During the day it isn't to bad but the last 2 nights have been rough.  She went from sleeping 4 hour stretches to wanting to eat every hour in a half.  Its been hard cause then I wake up like a zombie and then trying to take care of the girls when they fight it drives me even more crazy. 

Other than all the complaining I just did, I am hoping that things will get better.  I'm hoping that Kaylee will snap out of this funk she's in and that Kendall's growth spurt passes quickly so I can get some sort of sleep.  It's also been a rough week cause the house that were renting the heater went out.  Let me tell you how crappy that is when both of your older kids like to run around the house in nothing but a diaper & undies. We have to run our fireplace all day with space heaters just to stay warm.  I guess there was a crack in the heater unit, the worst part about all of this was finding out that when the heater actually would run that it was letting carbon minoxcide into the house.  Scary right?!  So after talking to our landlord someone from their insurance is suppose to be coming out this week to check it and then replace the unit.  We are really hoping that this all gets fixed and we have a working heater by the end of the week.


So thats how we're adjusting. I'm really looking forward to spending thanksgiving with family & then celebrating my sweet girls birthday!! I am very thankful for my family this year

3 comments:

  1. JEALOUS of your pregnancy weight loss:( I still have 15 to go and Im 3 months PP lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's just get this out there... you are a saint. You really are and you need to be reminded of that!

    I KNOW things will get better and sleep will come... it always does :) As far as Kaylee, I'm so sorry. I couldn't handle my girls saying that stuff to me, so I can only imagine what you are going through. My suggestion is to have a mommy/Kaylee date and just focus on her for a whole night/or day. She probably needs it just as much as you do! :) :)

    Sending smooches to that sweet Kendall!! I love her sweet face!
    And Keira is almost 2!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I've read and heard I think it's actually pretty typical for kids kaylee's age to have the hardest time adjusting to a new baby. When they are Keira's age, or like when Raya had to adjust to Brielle, they are still so little that they adjust quickly and kind of forget life was ever any other way. But now at Kaylee's age she very clearly remembers how things were, and she's got the ability to manipulate and probably catch on that the baby gets attention for crying, etc. so she acts out too. I bet if you just stay consistent things will fall into place and she'll adjust eventually :-) I'd say if you are keeping them all alive at this point you are doing good LOL.

    ReplyDelete