Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thursday Randoms

1.  We had a pretty low key 4th of July.  Jason had to work and was suppose to only have to work half the day but when your building a pool things always change.  It was Jason's grandpa's birthday yesterday so we headed out to Jason's aunt Jill's for a BBQ and some fireworks.  The girls had an awesome time cause Aunt Jill has cows (that you can pet), sheep (with 3 little babies) and some horses.  The girls were in heaven seeing all the animals and running around.  I brought my camera was I was preoccupied chasing the girls around and enjoying myself that I didn't take any pictures.



2.  We are trying to enjoy as much time with daddy as possible because he'll be gone for 14 days.  He's leaving July 12th and will be back July 26th.  Every year for the last 3 years he's been doing this.  He takes a Mig Airplane to a microsoft convention in Atlanta.  I know the girls are going to miss daddy a whole bunch, but it will be nice to be able to face time with him.  We are going to be staying with Jason's mom while daddy's gone like we do every year he's done this.  It's nice becuase I don't like staying at home at night by myself plus I get some help from Grandma.

3. When I found out I was pregnant the weeks seemed to fly by and now it just seems like each week is going by so slow.  I'll be 23 weeks tomorrow but the weeks seem to just drag on.  I thought it would seem to go faster cause I'm chasing 2 toddlers around.  My 23 week bumpdate will be up tomorrow. 


4. When it comes to coming up with dinner ideas each week I look to pinterest for some ideas.  Becuase there are weeks where I feel like I'm making the same things, which can get really boring.  So with the help of pinterest this week I'll be trying 3 new recipes.

On Monday I made this.  SOUR CREAM BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN in the crockpot.  Wow this is one of the best recipes I've tried on pinterest so far.  It's definetly on the list to be made again.  It was really easy to make and I would recommend it to everyone.  You can find the recipe HERE

I plan to make this this week for dinner, I choose my dinners by what the pictures look like and then I look at the recipe to see how long they take and thats how I decide if I want to try it or not!

This recipe I plan to try myself first for like lunch and see if my other family members will like it.  Its a broccoli and ham grilled cheese sandwich.  From looking at the picture it looks really good so that's why I'm going to give it a try.



5.  I am in LOVE with my new iPad.  I am so happy that Jason got this for me cause I thought that since he's taking our laptop I wasn't going to be able to blog for 2 weeks.  That would have been horrible right?!  Would you have missed me if I didn't blog that long!  LOL  I downloaded the ibook app (free) so that hopefully I can buy some books to read while Jason is away.  I just finished reading book 1 in the 50 shades of Grey series and I downloaded the sample of book 2 and have already finished the sample and want to buy the rest of the book.


6.  I have some coupons for Joann's Fabrics that are good till July 7th.  Maybe I can talk Jason into going this weekend and getting some fabric so that I can make some blankets while he's gone so that I can keep myself busy while he's gone.  Here are some fabrics I'm hoping to find.  I'd like to make 3 blankets to start.


11 comments:

  1. Yum those meals look awesome, will have to try. and I love all that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want an iPad really bad! I heard there are a lot of great learning apps for toddlers on there. Those recipes look delicious! My pregnancy is going really slow too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's nice that youll have help while he's gone! The fabric in the bottom right is at Hobby Lobby by me I know....because I have the coordinating fabric ;-) I believe I've seen the polkadot one and the birdie one at my local fabric store too. They're all very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah if I didn't have help I think I just might go insane!!!
      We don't have a hobby lobby out here. We're gonna go by Joann's on Saturday so maybe I can find some fabric

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing your recipe idea, I will definitely have to put that chicken on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun that you got an iPad!!!! My doctor keeps telling my hubby he needs to get one for me, but I guess I can't complain with a laptop here and now a Kindle. :)

    I went over and pinned that chicken recipe to my board; it looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The iPad would come in handy if you didn't have a laptop. But I love mine so far.

      Delete
  6. I love all of the fun fabrics you have picked out! I can't wait to see the final products:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can't wait to start making them

      Delete
  7. The chicken recipe you posted looks soooo good. I'm going to have to try it =) The girls 4th of July outfits were super cute too!
    And how awesome of your hubby to get you and IPad!! Super jealous about that =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to try the chicken recipe its so easy to make.
      Thank you my mom made their outfits
      I was shocked that he got me the iPad I wasn't expecting it at all but I love it!!

      Delete