Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A day in the life of Kaylee & Keira

I again just wanted to thank all of you so much for your sweet comments both here and on instagram on our baby girls name.  I love her name and I am so glad to finally be able to start calling her by her name and not "baby K" anymore.

* * * * *

Lasy Friday morning started off like most mornings do
Jason wakes me up around 6:45am to say good bye
Kaylee usually comes into our room around 7:15am to watch cartoons while I sleep for a little bit longer and then I can usually hear Keira around 7:30.
I usually roll out of bed around 8am to get our day started
But today 8/10/12
Jason said bye like normal
Kaylee came in like normal
She let me sleep till 8:30 and then we got up
BUT the after getting up I peeked my head into the girls room and Keira was still sleeping!
So I made breakfast for Kaylee and I (we both had a bagel with peaches)
At 9:30 checked in on Keira again who was still sleeping
I read my blogs while Kaylee watched cartoons
10:00am - I heard a cute little voice calling for me from her room, Keira was finally awake!
This has NEVER happened, she's NEVER slept that long.
Growth spurt, I think so!
She woke up in a great mood and the girls have been playing nice all morning.

 10:45am - it was already 85 degrees out
So we decided to take out this snake sprinkler that Kaylee got for her birthday so that the girls could run around and have some fun before nap time.  The girls got their suits on and we headed outside to play.  I hooked the hose up to snake and turned on the water, it filled the snake and the water started coming out...not 5 minutes later the face of the snake blew a HUGE hole in it.  The girls were so upset!!  So mom had to save the day, I cleaned out their pool and filled that up for them to play in.

look at that look!!

12:00 - we came inside, dried off and got undies and diapers on while I went in to make us some lunch

12:15 - lunch is served, we all had chicken nuggets!  YUM

12:30 - the girls went down for a nap and mommy had a mid afternoon snack.  I was craving a chocolate shake but since I couldn't leave the house while the girls napped I had to make due with vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce.

While the girls napped, I relaxed on the feet and back are sore!  I watched re-runs of It's a Baby Story and Sex and the City.  I heard Keira talking in there for a little bit before there was total silence.  While relaxing I also did a load of dishes and folded a load of clean clothes.

3:30 - the girls woke up from their nap / they had a snack and watched cartoons

5:00 - grandma came to pick up Kaylee.  Keira is always sad to see Kaylee leave on Friday's.  Keira gets mad that she doesn't get to go!

5:30 - sissy and I had some snuggle time while we waited for daddy to get home

6:00pm daddy arrived home and Keira jumped off my lap so fast to run over and say hi to daddy

6:15pm we decided to go out to eat for dinner, we had pizza

7:00pm we sat on the couch and watched some TV while Keira brought us books, so as she brought them out we read them and she would go get more.

7:30pm Keira got a diaper change and put her jammies on to get ready for bed.

8:00pm - little Miss was ready for bed.  So we said our good nights and put her to bed.  Daddy and I snuggled up on the couch to watch some Olympics.


  1. I love that picture of Keira smiling, in black and white- so cute! Looks like a fun day!

  2. are SO right - sounds and looks like she is going through a growth spurt - i can't believe how big she is getting. i still remember when you put her hair in a pony tail for the first time and posted about it...crazy!!! The water snake looks super cool...I'm sad too that he popped a hole:( Looks like the girls had a fun day:)

  3. What---10 am, that's amazing?!?! I would LIVE for that day! And what's with these inflatable water things always popping---we have had two pop this summer and we seriously don't do anything to them:)


  4. Lucky you getting to sleep in!

  5. Cute photos!!! And good for you to be able to sleep in for a bit!!! =)

  6. She slept until 10am?!? That would never happen at this house! Sounds like a wonderful day with your sweet girls:)