Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tuesday Tidbits

1. Grandma returned the girls at 7pm last night.  I was excited to see them, it had been 10 hours.  Yes with Kaylee's new school schedule grandma comes over on Mondays at 8:40am to pick them up and keeps them till 7pm.  This allows mommy "me time" and time to get things I need to get done, done!  I was really happy to hear that Kaylee had a great 1st day at school yesterday.  To make it easier for mommy I opted to do drive through drop off and pick up.  People from the school will come out and get her and then bring her out to me when I get there.  I did this for when the baby comes its going to make it a lot easier for me. 
I really like that they handed out a class schedule at the open house so I'm able to see what she's doing during her time there.  She was excited for Day 2 of school today.  She's still not to sure about the people getting her out of the car.  Here's what they do on a daily basis at school (9am - 12pm)

8:45 - 9:00  SHE'LL ARRIVE AT SCHOOL

9:00 - 9:15  GROUP TIME WITH GREETING, CALANDER, WEATHER REPORT, VOCABULARY DEVELOPMENT WITH INITIAL SOUND CARDS, ARTIST OF THE MONTH

9:15 - 11:00  MONTESSORI CLASS TIME WITH CHOICE OF MATERIAL (INDEPENDANT PLAY)

11:00 - 11:15  GROUP TIME WITH MUSIC AND SONGS, COMPOSER OF THE MONTH, AESOP'S FABLES, CULTURAL, SPANISH (TUESDAY & THURSDAY)

11:15 - 11:45  OUTSIDE TIME IN THE PLAY YARD

11:45 - 12:00  DISMISSAL

Preschool Day 2 (8.28.12)



2.  Now that Kaylee is in school in the morning that gives me one on one time with Keira for learning.  Today was our first learning day.  My plan was to do learning things with her for 1 hour each morning.  Today we worked on shapes puzzles, repeating of colors and shapes blocks.  She did really well.  She loves her puzzles so I knew she'd be fine with that and she likes to put the shapes into her blocks, the colors she didn't really like at first so I came up with the idea to use her puzzle as help by saying the color and then pointing to that color on her puzzle and she liked it.  So first day of learning for Keira was a SUCCESS!



3.  While browsing through pinterest and since I've had a mad craving for all things sweet I decided while at the grocery store yesterday I was going to get everything I needed to make these (reece's pieces cupcakes)!  I also wanted to make them for Kaylee having such a good day yesterday and the girls love cupcakes as much as I do!  WIN WIN



4.  Since I'm not quite sure when our newest arrival will make her enterance.  I want to do some fun Halloween crafts with the girls and decorate the house all fun for them.  Cause I'm not sure if we'll be trick or treating this year or not.  I guess it depends on when sissy decides to come.  I'm due November 2nd but both my girls came a week early.  So I want it to be at least fun around the house for them if we don't get to trick or treat.  We will for sure go to the pumpkin patch and get pumpkins.  But here are some crafts and decor I want to do.



5.  Yesterday while the girls were with grandma, Jason was working about 20 minutes away and called me to have me meet him in Brentwood for some lunch.  A lunch date very rarely ever happens so when he calls I'm there!  I met up with him around 11:30 dropped my Yukon off to get washed while we had a lunch.  We had a great time.  It was a nice change then always going out to dinner.  Hopefully more lunch dates are in our future!
 

4 comments:

  1. Fun stuff! I plan to do the same sorta thing with Brielle while Raya is in school. Those poor neglected 2nd children ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it's great that she loves school so much! LL is loving hers, too! We do the same drop off/pick up at the car thing and I LOVE it. Daddy takes her every mining, but I pick her up. With Cooper with me, it's SO easy because it's his nap time, so I don't have to risk waking him up and carrying him inside.

    I can't believe your pregnancy is going so fast! November will be here before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did the cupcakes end up tasting?? They look FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh those cupcakes look amazing... My hubby is allergic to peanuts which means no more for me.. :(

    ReplyDelete