Friday, October 26, 2012

39 week bumpdate & a false alarm...


How far along? 39 weeks - 7 days to go!
How big is the baby? Kendall is the size of a small PUMPKIN
Weight Gain/Loss: no weight gain for the past 2 weeks (35lbs total gained this pregnancy so far)
Maternity clothes? Now that the weather is getting colder, I'm wearing my one and only yoga pants that fit and I've been wearing Jason's shirts cause they are kinda the only thing that fits...yes I say kinda cause they are a little tight. Unless were going out I will wear my maxi skirt and my tank.
Stretch marks? nope
Sleep: this week has been not so great in the sleeping department.  I've been woken up many times during the night due to contractions or having to go to the bathroom multiple times.  I cant wait for this sweet girl to come so I can get some sort of sleep
Best moment this week: at my appt on Monday 10.22.12 I was 3CM & 50% effaced.  We made a trip to the hospital for a false alarm on Wednesday 10.24.12 where I was 3CM & 80% effaced. (more on the false alarm below...)
Miss Anything? I could go on and on with all the things that I miss.
Movement: her movements have slowed down but she's still getting a few good jabs in!
Anything making you queasy or sick: not really....


Labor Signs: Contractions for the past 3 days and losing my mucus plug!
Symptoms:  leaking boobs, tired, contractions and mucus plug
Belly Button in or out? In the middle (its not really in but its not out)
Wedding rings on or off? off
Mood: becoming very IMPATIENT and EXCITED
Looking forward to: meeting this sweet girl!  After having contractions for the past 3 days I'm serving this little girl her EVICTION NOTICE!
How the siblings are doing: The girls have been spending a lot of time with grandma with all the false alarms and me not feeling great.  They are both excited to meet their little sister.  Kaylee asks on a daily basis if sissy is here yet and when she's coming.  Keira has been cranky this week and crying for no reason.  I think her 2 year molars are trying to work there way through.

Let's go back to Tuesday night 10.23.12 around 11:00pm when we headed for bed and I started having some contractions, nothing consisten but there.  They didn't hurt, more annoying.  I fell asleep and was awoken here and there through out the night from the contractions and having to go pee. 

I woke up around 7:30am on Wednesday morning 10.24.12 having contractions about 10 minutes apart.  I thought yes this might be it, today might be the day.  I got the girls up, got Kaylee ready for school and then made them breakfast.  Grandpa showed up at the house around 8:15 cause he was taking Kaylee to school for me.  The girls finished eating and Kaylee went potty before getting her coat on and leaving for school.  During this time I was contracting every 10-15 minutes.  I got a text from Jason's mom saying she was back in town (she was in court) and call if I needed anything.  I told her I was still contracting and she told me she would come get Keira so that I could rest or shower or just have some quiet time.  She got to our house around 11:15am hung out for a little bit and then left to go pick up Kaylee from school and head back to her house.  Still contracting they were a little closer together now but nothing consistent.  Jason called around 12:30 to say he was on his way home.  I rested, took a shower and finished some cleaning around the house.  Jason got home around 2:30, we watched a movie while I contracted every 8 minutes.  While the movie was playing I swear I was up every like 5 minutes to go to the bathroom.  This didn't really seem normal to me and I thought maybe I was leaking fluid.  I talked to my mom cause she was calling to check on me and she suggested I call the advice nurse and ask her what she recommended I do.  By this time its around 5:00pm.  I talked to the nurse who asked me a BUNCH of questions and based off my answers told me to go to L&D to be checked out.

So we threw some last minute stuff into my hospital bag, just in case we were staying.  We made some phone calls and then left to make the 20 minute drive to the hospital.  Once we got there we checked in and waited to be taken upstairs.  Once upstairs they took my weight and then set me up in a room.  The nurse told me to pee in a cup and change into a gown.  They hooked me up to the monitors and checked my bp which was a little high 130/85.  I was nervous!!  I was kept on the monitors for about 30 minutes before the midwife came in to talk to me.  It was the same midwife that delivered Kaylee, I loved her she was awesome!  It was funny cause Jason & I had been talking when we got upstairs saying that it would be cool if she was there!  It was about 6:30, the nurse came in and said she was going to order me dinner cause the cafeteria was closing at 7.  Before dinner arrived they were gonna do 3 different tests to see if my water had broke.  Dinner arrive at 7 and it was meatloaf, mash potatoes with gravy and broccoli.  I don't know if I ate it all cause I hadn't eaten anything since 12 or what but I ate it all.   After I was done eating Jane (the midwife) came in to tell me that my water hadn't broke and since I was contracting every 2-3 minutes for the last hour she was going to check me.  She checked me and I was dilated 3CM and 80% effaced.  So I thinned out but my cervix didn't change.  She suggested that I walk the halls for an hour, then be put back on the monitors to see if the contractions would become closer together and then check me again.  I agreed to walk the halls.  Jane told me if I didn't change any after walking the hour she would send me home.  I was hoping since I was contracting so good in the room that it would continue and I would make some change.  While walking around my brother and his gf got there with food for Jason.  While walking the contractions actually seemed to slow down.  It was 8:45 and we headed back to my room to be put back on the monitors.  My contractions had slowed way down to like 6-8 minutes apart.  I was disappointed cause I knew that we were probably  headed home.  The midwife came in to check me and I hadn't made any change.  She also told me that she wasn't going to do anything to jump start my labor as much as she wanted to deliver my baby cause I was only 38w5d.  So sadly I got redressed and we headed home.  On the way home and once we got home I was still contracting every 6-8 minutes.  We headed to bed around 10:30 and it felt like I was up every 2 hours going pee and being woken up by some of the contractions.

Thursday morning came and I thought after all the contractions I was having the night before and that morning that yesterday was the day.  The girls spent the night at Jason's moms so she dropped Kaylee off at school and then dropped Keira off at home.  We hung out with daddy cause he took today off and we watched movies.  During this time I was having some paintful contractions.  Jason's mom called around 11am to check in and see if anything had changed, nope no change contractions were still all over the place and not consistent.  Since Jason was home we all went to go get Kaylee from school.  Yesterday I noticed I hadn't been peeing as much as I was on Wednesday afternoon.  But every time I went to the bathroom there was mucus with red in it. (sorry TMI).  I became discouraged that anything was going to happen since my contractions pretty much stopped.  Walking doesn't speed up my contractions it actually slows them down.

As of today I am 39 weeks and I know she'll come when she's ready but I'm more than ready.  I'm just disappointed and getting discouraged that its not going to happen.  I've been contrating but it hasn't been anything consistent.  And the lower back pain is a killer, it feels like back labor.  So I'm hoping my next baby post will be me introducing her and not doing a 40 week bumpdate!!

Thank you again for all your thoughts, well wishes and prayers.  They mean a lot to us.  We are just very much ready to meet this sweet girl!!!


  1. Close call!! But she is defiantely hanging on in there, she likes it because its nice & cozy!! Baby number two bump almost looks like it sticks out a little further!! I bet she will come in seven days, if not, don't panic, you still have about a week or so, just know either way you are having that baby in 2 weeks at the most!! SHES COMING.

  2. Aw man! That's too bad, but the longer she bakes the better! And the more likely I'll have guessed the correct date of Nov.1!!

  3. I love your midwife because I know a lot of drs would have kept you there and just started you on pitocin. She'll be here soon, don't worry. She's obviously preparing you for the real labor. I get so excited reading these updates because this will be me in 5ish months!

  4. Hang in there! It's gotta be pretty soon--can't wait to hear the good news :-)

  5. Hang in there girl! I remember those days in the end...waiting and waiting. It's so frustrating but SOON you will have sweet baby girl in your arms and you'll forget all about it.

  6. So excited for you. Try and enjoy these last few days!!

  7. I keep checking my google reader several times throughout the day to see if you and a few other people I know that are expecting this week have gone into labor yet! Sorry you've had to go through so much lately. If she hasn't arrived yet, I'm sure it will be soon.

    To answer your question, no I haven't felt any contractions what so ever. BUT I never have before until it was actually go time!

  8. Oh man, she may be here by now! Either way- congratulations! What an exciting time for your family!

  9. 39 weeks ohhh man I have been so out of the loop:) cant wait to see the newest addition asap!!! GOODluck