Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

High Ho High Ho back to work I go

I will be finished with my last semester of school in Dec 2011
In January 2012 we are going to be trying to buy our first house,
so to help us out I'll be going back to work!

I don't know how I really feel about it
In one way I'm happy and in another I'm sad
I'm going to school for Early Childhood Development
So I'll be working with the teachers in a day care, which is nice cause the girls will be able to be with me all day so that I don't have to worry about them being at a babysitters house.

I'm thinking about starting out part time and then maybe working up to full time
When Keira turns a year old in Nov. I will have been not working for 3 years.
I got laid off work when I found out I was pregnant with Kaylee
I was 5 weeks pregnant and had just got laid off work, I was so upset.
The hubs and I had a long talk and we were finacially ok, so I was able to stay home & not work.
When I got laid off I did collect unemployment for 2 years before my money ran out.

Going back to work will be a nice change, but I really enjoy all my time that I get to spend with the girls.  I know they will be with me in the day care/school but I don't get to sit there with them all day and watch the new things that they learn.  In a way I feel like if I do go back to work I'm going to miss out on something.  I know going back to work will help us when we go to buy a house, cause showing two incomes is better than one.  Plus I didn't go back to school for fun, I went so that I could do something with my life.  But when I started school I only had 1 kid and not 2.  I don't know maybe I'm just being a whiner.  I should be happy cause the girls will be in the same place as I am and I will be able to see them through out the day.  I guess we'll see what happens closer to December.



* * * *
UPDATES:

Potty Training:  It is going awesome! I've been keeping track on a potty chart, so that I can put it in her scrapbook.  Kaylee has been doing so good.  So I can happily say that she is FULLY potty trained.  When she wakes up in the morning she is dry and will go potty and gets her panties on.  She's at the point where I don't have to remind her to go potty, she tells me when she has to go.  When she goes down for a nap she wears her panties.  I haven't quite got the courage to put her to bed at bedtime in her panties yet, even though she's been waking up dry every morning for the past 3 weeks.  Its been nice to only have to change Keira's diaper and not change diapers on both girls.  I am PROUD of her.  She even wears her panties when we go out,  she hasn't had to go while we've been out.  I'm curious to see if she would go in the public restrooms or not.



Keira sleeping:  Well let me just say she isn't doing much of it at night!  God I wish her teeth would just come in already so that I can get a better nights sleep!  Last night she woke up 3 times, 3 times people!  I am a walking zombie today.  She went to bed at 8:30 and was back awake at 10:30, I rocked her back to sleep and she was awake again at 2:00am I gave her a bottle hoping that she would sleep until at least 7:30 or so well I was wrong, she drank her bottle and needed to be rocked back to sleep cause she thought it was time to be awake at 2:30 in the morning.  She finally fell asleep and woke back up at 6:15am, seriously!!!  Then at 6:30 Miss Kaylee woke up.  What was even weirder is last night at 11:45 Kaylee knocked down the gate on her door and came into our room and was standing at the end of our bed, just standing there.  I don't know how long she'd been standing there but she finally brushed her hand across my foot and scared the crap out of me, so I jumped up and asked her what she was doing.  Daddy took her back to bed and she woke up at 6:30am.  So today you can find me in the recliner relaxing, daddy is going to be helping me watch the girls




Anxiety:  I think I've been able to manage my anxiety without having to take happy pills.  I haven't had an anxiety attack in over a month.  I am getting better about not having as much anxiety when I drive alone with the girls.  I'll give you a little history, about 4 months ago I had a panic attack while driving to Stockton with the girls and ever since then, I've had bad anxiety about getting into my truck by myself and driving with the girls thinking that it may happen again.  But I've slowly been working on it and it's getting better.  I am having a little anxiety about Jason & my brother both being gone for a week.  They are leaving July 18th for a week, they are driving up to CO for work.  So I'll be home with the girls by myself, which I always hate.  So if anyone wants to come stay the week with me...LOL I have a nice pool! =)  I was going to have my little brother stay with me until I found out that he is going to CO too.  But he's leaving July 20th so maybe I'll have him stay with me those 2 days before he leaves.  Plus I'm so use to going to bed with Jason each night that when he's gone it's always so hard for me to go to sleep without him!  So the week he's gone is going to suck!


Kaylee's Flowers:  If you remember I did a post about Kaylee planting flowers, well her flowers have started to sprout.  They get a little bigger each day.  Kaylee gets so excited  and like to walk around with the pot to show everyone.  She says "look my pretty flowers"  Cant wait for them to turn into flowers and then show her.  She loves flowers. (picture coming soon)


Butterfly Kit:  after looking online I found on amazon a butterfly kit.  Kaylee is really into bugs right now and she loves to chase butterflies around when she see's them.  So the kit comes with 5 little catapillers and food and you watch them grow and then you get to watch them go into their cocoon and then you put them in this big net and your able to watch them turn into beautiful butterflies!  I think Kaylee would love it.  So we are ordering it.  In the video I was watching on amazon it showed the kids getting to hold the butterflies, so we'll see if Kaylee gets to hold one...she would be so happy if she did.


Sorry for the massive long post!  But it's going to be a little bit longer cause I have more pictures!  I've been having so much with my new camera!


the big kids like to have FUN too!  Daddy & Uncle Josh


Kaylee & Uncle Josh

This is her "MOM NO MORE PICTURES" face




13 comments:

  1. I NEED your camera... period. I LOVE all your pics with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I feel your pain in the sleep training, you poor thing! E isn't teething right now, we have been successful in getting her to go to sleep without being rocked at all, we just put her in her crib and she falls asleep- so that is wonderful... but she still wakes up twice each night wanting to eat and I don't know how to break that.

    And I also have some severe anxiety. I actually do take something to help, but I can totally relate. It is an ugly cycle so I understand that feeling and all the emotions that come with it. If you ever want to chat about it, feel free to email :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally feel you on the anxiety. Mine hasn't been severe ever but I can't imagine...When my hubby left for training I had a really hard time with it. And I can relate with the not sleeping well alone...I sleep SO MUCH BETTER with him next to me!!! I'll be thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good lucky going back to work! What exactly will you be doing at the daycare with your degree? Whenever I go back I'd love to figure out a way to do so at a daycare or something so my kids can come, but the only things around here I can find are either actual preschool teachers which I don't have the right degree for, or just daycare workers that don't make any money haha. I"ll probably just have to go back to being a psych and suck it up :-P

    I like your new camera too :-)

    Shawna www.nopaparazziplease.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. your girls have the best smiles.

    my dad used to go out of town a lot when i was a kid. my brother, sister, and i would all sleep in my parents king size bed with my mom. it became a tradition. i remember being 18 and still sleeping with my mom while my dad was gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a love/hate relationship with being a working mama. I REALLY miss my babies....but I do have a good job. I think that working actually makes me a better mama, because I am SO happy to be with them after work and when I am off!! Good luck with your transition!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUCH beautiful pics and congrats on Kaylee's potty training!!! I get super anxious when my hubs is gone too - he's my security blanket!!! Hope you're having a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from the blog hop. Good luck with going back to work. It sounds like you have the best of both worlds by going back if you want to go back. I have a degree in early childhood education. After my daughter was born, I didn't return to the classroom. However, when my little girl was 9 months, I went back and taught pre-k at a daycare. I still made the teacher's pay but my little one was there in the daycare. It was VERY nice to be able to check in on her and she LOVED it. She adjusted VERY well. I've been home with her this school year and she begs to go back to be with her friends. I am contemplating going back there next year. Sorry for the long post, but hope this helps. I've been in your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by from Jenna's!!

    Love, love, love your pictures!!! Your kids are precious!! Good luck with the going back to work transition!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little girls are so stinkin' cute!!

    I LOVE that pool. Can I come over & go swimming?? :]

    Stopping by from Jenna's Journey! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your girls are super cute.....

    I can relate with you on the anxiety issue...I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What cuties! I have loved being home with my son too.

    Stopping from Jenna's Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stopped over from Jenna's...
    Great photos! Super cute girls :)

    ReplyDelete