Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Teething!

Keira is almost 4.5 months old and for the past few weeks she has been teething.  But for the past 4 days it has been hell around my house.  She wakes up in a good mood and wants mommy to hold her all day.  I cant put her down cause she will SCREAM.  I feel bad I've given her the teething tablets and they seem to work for a little bit but she still wants to be held and snuggled.  I do enjoy snuggling with her but I cant even put her down for a minute to go to the bathroom without her getting crazy.  She's been DROOLING like crazy.  She probably goes through 2-3 onesie changes cause she drools so much on them and they get so wet. 

I've been doing some research and I've seen a lot of people's babies/toddlers wearing these baltic amber teething necklaces.  So I did some research on them and have talked to a few people to see if they actually work to help with the pain relief of teething.  People that I've talked to and reading testimonials people are saying that this necklace helps and even helped their LO sleep through the night.  I've found a seller who sells them on etsy.com for about $20.  So I think I'm going to buy this necklace for Keira and see if it helps her.  I would rather do all natural things before just medicating her.  The necklace helps with excessive drooling too!  YEAH maybe that means I wont have to do so much laundry now!

Here's how it works
When a baby is wearing amber teething necklace on the skin, the skin's warmth releases healing oils from the amber (a resin) which are absorbed via the skin into the bloodstream. Amber is not a stone and therefore warm to the touch, as well as very comfortable and light to wear. Children wearing amber is a very old traditional custom in Europe and the Far East. Amber is known to reduce inflammation of the throat, ear and stomach and to fight inflammation, infections and respiratory disease. Traditional beaded amber necklaces are a less intrusive remedy for the pain and side effects of teething, such as lack of appetite, upset tummies, ear ache, fevers and colds. A natural analgesic, amber will help calm a baby without resorting to drugs. Amber's anti-inflammatory and therapeutic properties are also recognized by allopathic medicine. These necklaces are long known for the healing properties of amber which include calmative, analgesic, antispasmodic, expectorant, and febrifuge (anti-fever) function. The necklace can be worn from 8 weeks and up. Although you can start you child wearing this necklace at any time, the earlier the better. If your child wears it at a young age they will not even know it is there and they will not touch it or pull on it.

Yesterday after Kaylee left to go to Grandma's for a couple hours.  I was able to put Keira down for a little bit to get some cute pictures of her.  But you can kind a tell she'd been crying.  But as of this morning, she woke up at 9:15am and is in such a happy mood, so maybe today I'll get lucky and she wont cry all day.  Also with teething comes the nasty runny poop! (sorry).  Its so gross and it smells.  LOL







1 comment:

  1. I've heard all about those teething necklaces! However in my case, I have never had a problem with my kids and teething (don't hate me) like today, I JUST noticed that my one year old has three molar teeth that pushed though.

    But those pics of your girl in her tutu and legwarmers?? ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete