Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sleep or lack of + I need some help

I don't even know where to begin!
Keira is almost 7 months old and DOES NOT sleep through the night
I think it's taking a toll on me.
I feel like a walking zombie


Yes she is just the cutest little girl, but at 2am this cute smile isn't working for me anymore.  At first I was ok with her waking up during the night but I don't understand why this child will not sleep through the night.  She's slept through the night 3 times in her 6 months!

I've tried the eat , play and nap thing...that doesn't work.  She eats 3 baby food 3 times a day and drinks 6oz every 3-4 hours.  I don't know what else I can do. 

So I need some advice, any mom who's having or has had this same problem I can use some help.  If you can tell me what you did to make it work.  Help me out here!!

  

On a different note, yesterday we had a lazy day spending family time together.
Kaylee loves to color but she took her pen that she was using and hide in the corner to color on the recliner!  She then got mad at me when I told her NO and that I was going to take it away if she didn't stop.

She pouted in the corner!  Little stinker


Keira is doing so well sitting up now, she is able to sit straight up and hold a toy to chew on.  She's been lifting her chest and belly off the ground and is trying to get her legs up under her.  My girl is growing up way to fast.  It makes me a little sad cause I feel like when you have baby # 2 they seem to grow up so much faster than baby #1.  I am so thankful that I am able to stay home with them and watch them grow and watch the bond between them grow.  They are so cute together




Check out my girl doing her pilates!  LOL



* * * * * * *

Ok ladies I need some help with some thing.  This is for me not for my girls.
I was just diagnosed with anxiety and the dr wrote me a Rx for PAXIL
Was wondering if any of you ladies have taken this or now someone who has taken it

I'm nervous about taking it cause I'm afraid of how I will react to it.
It makes me nervous taking it and having some side effects while I'm at home with just the girls!
I want to take it cause I want to feel better.
I have been trying to not stress out and relax but sometimes these girls just push my buttons.

Any input would help me out...thanks!
Have a great weekend
Today we are headed to Jason's parents for his brothers 18th birthday party



8 comments:

  1. Well I wish I could help with the sleep, but my little one is that SAME way! Hope you get some rest soon!

    As far as the Paxil goes I think the best way to know how you will react to an antidepressant/anxiety medication is to take it. It might take trying a couple of different medications to find one that works for you, but when you do it really makes a world of different- speaking from experience :) Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be waiting to see if anyone has ideas about the sleeping! Brielle doesn't sleep through the night either, but right now when she wakes up I just bring her to bed with me and stick a boob in her mouth LOL. I"m trying to switch her to formula though so that's not going to work much longer....I think I"m in trouble!!

    Don't know much about Paxil, but I agree that sometimes you just have to take it to see. I"m always on different meds for my arthritis and it's been trial and error to see which ones work best with the fewest side effects. Good luck!

    ~Shawna www.nopaparazziplease.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, you have the cutest little girls EVER! And I hope you start getting sleep soon. Maybe if you try keeping her up later in the night she will be more tired. Or putting her in a jumper to tired her out. Heck, I would even go buy one of those blue plastic pools, she can get exercise and fun in the dun tires little ones QUICK!

    But who am I, I am no expert. I don't even have kids! haha

    looking forward to following...

    www.accordingtosabrina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok girlfriend the best advice I ever got was from my doctor. It was when Lidia was about 6 months old or older and I was going crazy with her not STTN. So the doctor said, "Giving her milk/formula in the middle of the night is like giving candy to a baby when they are being naughty. You are rewarding them for bad behavior." Where I dont agree completely with what she said, I agree somewhat with the idea of what she said. Basically, she's used to waking up because she knows she will be able to eat, so if you cut that out, then when she wakes up, she wont expect to eat and will fall back asleep on her own... usually. Because by now, she doesn't NEED to eat in the middle of the night like when she was a newborn, she just wants to.

    But trust me, I know how hard it is. I've gone through this with both girls, and honestly it will take a few nights of her waking up in the middle of the night, and you having to listen to her cry but she WILL fall asleep eventually and she will learn this as the new sleep routine.

    PLUS, I have fans in both girls room and a fan in our room. It helps block out noise/distraction for the girls and it also helps weed out me waking up to just fussiness to either girl. I would try that too. I noticed a HUGE difference when I put a fan in my room because I would only hear actual cries instead of every sound either one made if that makes sense.

    ANYWAY sorry for the book, that's just what I've found to work for us and I've had TONS of problems with sleeping in our house! But of course as you know, they will still randomly wake up but the key is to just get a good system down for the most part! Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend over at http://our-tiny-ocean.blogspot.com/ had the same issue with her daughter. You should stop by and see if she can give any advice. I know at 7 months she still wasn't sleeping through the night. My son used to sleep 10-12 hours and now hes up every 3 hours. Is frustrating. I assume hes teething.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, it's me from Our Tiny Ocean! And guess what??? my girl is still not sleeping through the night. So, please do not feel alone in this. She will be 9 months old in 2 weeks and she has NEVER SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT. I have not slept a full night in 9 months. I have never done the whole Cry It Out with her and do not plan to. I have accepted the fact that she is not a good sleeper and probably never will be. Some babies do and some babies just don't.

    I also felt very depressed and suffered from anxiety during the last 9 months. I have considered going on medication, but after a few good nights of sleep, I feel completely normal so that tells me that I'm not depressed...BUT that I need sleep to function a happy and healthy life.

    Now, what I did do was start bringing my daughter into our bed. I know a lot of people don't agree with that, but seriously, it's the only thing that is helping both my husband and I get some sleep. She still wakes up, but we are right there to put her back to sleep. Some babies need that extra security at night. She was also a twin, but her sister passed at 12 weeks, so sometimes I feel she's looking for that extra someone to hold on to.

    Have you tried Cry It Out? It might work for her. I just can not bring myself to do it. It caused more anxiety for me than I already have, plus my girl is standing now and I can't stomach the fact that she's in there standing and crying. But, it's worked well for some people.

    As I write this I am completely tired! She woke up today at 4:45am...I gave her a bottle and she normally goes back down til 7 but she was up 30 minutes later.

    If you ever want to chat email me! You are not alone in this. There are days when I wonder if I can do this again with a second child. Motherhood is hands down THE hardest job in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. check out: http://www.poopwhisperer.com/ It's a down to earth, laugh out loud, blog written by mommies and there is tons of sleep advice on there! Sleep issues are so difficult. My girl didn't sleep through the night until she was 18mo.

    I don't take paxil, but I do take another med for similar issues. It took about a week before I noticed anything, and 4-5 weeks before I felt much better. Try taking them at night first, that way any side effects that you have won't be as noticeable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hiiiii! I use to take paxil! and now that i'm not breastfeeding i'm going to get back on it. it was great for me. i didn't have any side effects and felt like the old kelsey when i was on it. when i got pregnant they switched me to zoloft which didn't help me at all. i'm actually kinda excited to get back on it because my anxiety for the last 2+ years has kinda been annoying. lol. let me know how its going. it usually takes a few days to a week to really notice a difference, but if you're like me, once you notice it you're like "Thank you lord!" ;) i wish i got this awhile ago. hehe. goodluck! let me know if you have any other questions.

    ReplyDelete