Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Things I'm loving!

There are a lot of things of I'm loving on this beautiful Wednesday!

1. I am LOVING that my sewing machine arrived yesterday afternoon.  I saw the FedEx driver coming and I ran downstairs like it was Christmas morning (and the girls were sleeping, so I didn't want him to ring the bell).  I set up a little area in our room as my new sewing station!  I can't wait to get started.



2. I am LOVING that I'm going to attempt to use my sewing machine and make the girls Valentine's Day shirts.  I'm a little nervous cause I've never sewn before, but I think I can do it.  I guess we'll see.  I'm also going to attempt to make Kaylee's birthday outfit.  Go thing I have until May to learn.



3. I am LOVING that yesterday my brother said I could have all his loose change in his truck.  So I collected all his change and guess what...this mama made $77.  That's right $77 in change.  So while we were out running errands yesterday we went by the bank to get rollers, so now my money is rolled and I rolled all of our change that we save.  So last night it took me 2 hours to roll $200 in change!! WINNING!!

this is the $77 in change

4. I am LOVING that I celebrated my birthday on Monday with my family.  During the day we just relaxed around the house.  I didn't clean or do anything but play with the girls.  It was nice.  Jason's mom took the girls so that we could do out to dinner and I could enjoy myself without getting stressed out if the kids started acting out.  So I had my first alcoholic beverage in over 2.5 years + stuffed chicken marsola for dinner and a yummy chocolate dessert = birthday deliciousness!!  Then I also got $50 from my dad and my mom's sewing care package is on it's way!  Thank you for all the birthday wishes everyone!

Kaylee drew a picture of me for my birthday, she's gotten really good at drawing faces


Birthday picture with my girls before they went to bed

5. I am LOVING all the fun that these two have been having lately.  See those big smiles, I love to see them when they play together.  After reading Shawna's blog yesterday about needing to get her girls into more of a set schedule I decided that I needed to do the same thing with my girls, to maybe help with less down time which might help with less tantrums and acting out!



6. I am LOVING that I have 3 different packages coming in the mail.  I ordered some summer clothes for Keira from Carter's (she got 4 new outfits), I ordered Kaylee a cute little summer outfit from JcPenny and my best friend got me an egift card to Target so I got a much needed new straightner, 4 new nail polishes and some frames to add to my wall gallery.  I love getting things in the mail.


7.  I am LOVING that I almost have all the decorations done for Kaylee's birthday.  Yes I am aware that her birthday is in May, but I like to do things ahead of time and not wait till the last minute.  Since we're doing her party in a Toy Story theme with the colors being dk blue, teal and lime green I'll be taking a lot of the decor and putting it in the girls room cause those are the colors of their new room.  I love these pillows I found on pinterest that would go perfect in their new room.  I haven't started on their new room, I'm waiting till we buy our house before doing it.




8. I am LOVING that the warm weather is coming back and I can take the girls outside to play or take them to the park.  They both love being outside and being couped up the in the house drives them and me bonkers!  I've come to the conclusion that I love it when the sun is out it makes me happy and when its cold and rainy I get in this funk!  So come on spring/summer time!


6 comments:

  1. Brother sewing machines are awesome!! It is what I have too. I am not that good at all. I thought it would be so easy and I kinda rushed, so take your time and pin things, you will be happier in the long run. I wish I would have!

    I love those pillows and I am also doing my sons birthday party (in August don't feel bad!) like I am going to change his room too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those Walmart Garanimals shirts you're making the vday shirts with? If so that must be their new style this spring...I like them!

    If you are going to try doing applique like I do then I'd get transfer paper to iron the design on your shirt before sewing it. So much easier then pinning it....it'll come out much nicer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of the sewing machine! I've been wanting to start sewing, but honestly have no idea where to even start. Have fun with it!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous of your new sewing machine! Have fun with it! Can't wait to see what you make! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for a new sewing machine! You are going to have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy SUPER belated birthday!!! :-) It sounds like you had a wonderful time!!! I haven't had a drink in FOREVER...since well before I was pregnant so over a year and a half maybe?! I'm jealous of your peaceful night out!!!

    ReplyDelete